My purpose is to reduce the unnecessary suffering and regret people experience in life.
But let's state it in the opposite (and a little more positive 😉 ) manner:
I want to increase the happiness and fulfillment people experience in life.
I think there are 7 'pillars' that are the foundation for that goal. But before we get to those, let me shortly explain why and how I want to increase the happiness and fulfillment people experience.
I believe people that lead happier lives, make the lives of others around them better too. Living a happier and more fulfilled life involves, for many, doing what they love in their own way and for a specific purpose.
But before you can pursue your Purpose, you need to know what it is you want out of life.
And after you know what you want, you need to be able to take action towards achieving your purpose in a way that you have control over.
I think Entrepreneurship is the perfect vessel for that.
When you eventually start executing on your purpose, you need a whole range of strategies, tactics, and skills.
I categorize them into seven areas, or pillars, two of which we already covered (Finding your Purpose and Starting a Business) and five more:
- Finding Your Purpose — So you can work on what makes you happy and satisfied.
- Starting a Business — So you are free to pursue your mission in your own way.
- Producing Creative Output — So you can transform the lives of others in a meaningful way.
- Changing Your Mindset — So you can live more peacefully and be more resilient.
- Becoming More Productive — So you have more time left for the important things in life.
- Forming Better Habits — So you improve the baseline of every aspect of your life.
- Making Better Decisions — So you create more upside with every choice you make.
I think if people pay attention to and work on these 7 areas in their life, they’ll be able to profoundly transform themselves and the people around them into happier human beings.
— Jibran el Bazi