How can you benefit from my work?
In my writing, I try to answer two main questions to help you live a purposeful life.
- How do you find clarity on what you want out of life?
- How do you pursue your purpose while living a balanced life?
To answer these questions I cover topics like...
I am continuously learning about these topics, and I feel lucky for being able to share what I learn.
I certainly don't have all the answers, and there are many other ways in which people answer the questions I ask.
But I know I'm not alone in wanting to ask the right questions about living better lives.
That's what I hope to help you with most... asking the right questions.
Then I find answers to those questions that can help you (and me) take the next steps in life and business.
In addition to asking questions through writing, I occasionally help other business owners with their marketing and positioning through coaching and consulting. Feel free to reach out if you're interested in working with me.
Want to know why I have an urge to help others find and pursue their purpose? Then check out my Manifesto, where I outline my own purpose, vision and strategy to live a fulfilled life.
Here are a few things about me you might find interesting.
- Designed and built our own house: Oh, how naive I was, haha! It took 2+ years, but it feels very satisfying walking around in something I built myself. Didn't have kids at the time, so that makes it easier than some others have it.
- Curious person: I'm an avid reader and can't get enough of understanding myself, others, and the world better. (My previous consulting business was aptly named "Keen Insight.") As an adult, I owned (and read) ~1000 books (95% of which I gave away a few years ago).
- BHAG (big hairy audacious goal): Write a book about the moment my wife and I had to decide to take our baby girl off of life-support, so she could die in our arms after 3 months of tortuous hospitalization, medication, and surgery (yeah I know, f*cked up, right?... but it has a happy end).
- Offline businesses I started: 1. A subscription box for crafting material for kids (would've been great had it still existed in 2020!). 2. A "Nature's Gift"-gift card - give someone the gift of a newly created part of nature.
- Composed classical music: But only with software (regretfully, I never learned to play an intstrument).
- Created a baby name generator: One of the first products I made when I learned to program was... a baby name generator. I tried to convince my wife to use it, no luck (probably because I seeded it with Viking names).
- Won a price: "One-stop security shop - Security compliance services for SME's." One of the most fun international competitions I participated in (Venturelab).
- Attainable Fitness Goals: Created a tool to help you get insight into ~20 body metrics and how you can improve them over 3, 6, and 12 months. Got 7 friends to use it. The most fun was the measuring days where we all went lifting, weighing, and comparing results together.
- Moonlighting (at different moments): Designer (logo's, posters, cards, and websites), blacksmith (there are few things make the feeling of creating come more alive than this forging steel into shape), woodworker, and carpenter.
Occasionally, I try to tie some stories of my past into my writing. But ususally I add them in my newsletter. If you're curious, make sure to subscribe!
And if you want to ask me directly about something. Feel free to reach out on Twitter or through email.